My husband and I have moved a few times in our life, well a couple of them have been together, so we have a pretty good understanding of how to move effectively. I am a bit more of an organization and prepare weeks ahead kind of person so I tend to drive him crazy. Not on purpose though, of course!?!
If everything goes according to plan it the house purchase, we will be moving in about a month. So it seems like a good time to review how we pack and move to see if there is anything that we can do to make it go more smoothly.
When preparing to move this is all the things that I do to be ready:
- Collect banana/apple boxes from your local grocery store.
- Create labels for the boxes
- Pack one room, then start the next. Be sure to leave out all essentials of course.
- Measure all rooms in the new house
- Create layout of each room
- Schedule UHaul truck and/or friends and family to help you.
- Stack all packed boxes in one area.
As we start the packing process I will share more details and insight into each step. If you have any ideas or thoughts please feel free to share them.
For more of where I get my creativity from visit my Mom’s site Design by Cyn