It is a new year and in so many ways, a fresh start for us. We are settled into the house and I am ready to get back on track. In the past I have set goals for myself in place of resolutions. Granted they have been easier things for me to achieve but still it gives me a starting point for focusing on the things that I want.
In the spirit of the new year I have decided it is time for my goals as well as a list of projects that I would like to get completed this year. Our first full year in the house is starting now!
Writing goals can sometimes take me a little bit longer. When I was in the Future Farmers of America I attended some leadership conferences and they taught us many things, one of which was how to set good achievable goals. So now every time I go to set a goal I spend a bit of time thinking about the details. How long do I plan to give myself to achieve the goal? What steps will I need to take? What incentive do I have to achieve? etc.
My goal is to be back in a size 14 pants by October 2013
- go to the gym at least two nights a week
- walk the dog at least 5 days per week for 30 minutes
- research healthy recipes to make at home (also research healthy places to eat in case we go out)
- take stairs not elevator or escalator
Okay so that was an easy one but there are may goal setting worksheets that can be use.
Making a list of projects for 2013 is a lot easier for me =) Like…
- sew angry bird style birds for the niece and nephews
- complete the penguin bead banner
- reorganize Christmas decorations
- paint bathroom
- create bar area
- hang decorations and pictures in house
- use old cushions
- starting garden with 2 planter beds
I could keep going but that is a good start. What goals and projects do you plan on completing in 2013? Do you have any advice or tips to share?
For more of where I get my creativity from visit my Mom’s site Design by Cyn