Sometimes all the planning does not make things happen……Last month I talked about starting the planning for our garden. I have the steps all planned out.
I had planned to:
- What will the layout of the garden be?
- How many boxes fit in the layout?
- How many plants fit in each box?
- What vegetables/herbs/fruit do I want to grow?
- Where will I buy the seeds/plants and supplies?
- What is the estimated cost of starting the garden?
Now things have changed a bit for us due to budgeting.
- Count how many empty large garden pots we have to use.
- Buy planting soil and seedlings from Home Depot.
- Plant the seedlings in the pots (one each pot).
- Place pots in the yard to get ample sun.
- In one corner of the yard, start digging up all the grass.
- Once grass is all removed, borrow/rent and till the back yard.
- Using original garden layout, build garden boxes and put them in place.
- Transplant potted plants to garden beds.
Right now the potted garden consists of 5 pots but it will be growing every couple of weeks.
I can not wait to start picking!!!
For more of where I get my creativity from visit my Mom’s site Design by Cyn