Creative DIY Like Mother Like Daughter

Creative DIY Projects

New Ottoman – Part Two January 13, 2015

Removing the legs proved challenging because the screws were stuck. Our roommate finally removed them but destroyed the bottom finishing fabric in the process.

I removed the old fabric and sprayed it with Avon Skin So Soft to make it smell clean and deter fleas. Then I laid out the fabric on the floor face down and set the cushion and ottoman on top of it. This makes is easier to stretch the fabric to fit and staple it in place. I wanted to make sure that the corners folded nice and smooth and I think that they look nice

IMG_0067

Sorry, I did not take any pictures of removing the staples and fabric or positioning it n the flor to recover because I was “in the zone”.

Once the new fabric was stapled on I trimmed off any excess fabric.

IMG_0061

Because the fabric that usually goes across the bottom to finish this was destroyed, I will need to buy new. so for now this is how the ottoman looks in our living room.

IMG_0063

It looks a bit off in shape because I think that I pulled it too tight but as it stretches it will look more square again.

Advertisements
 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s