Phase one of the remodel for us is planning what we want, getting professional quotes and deciding how to move forward.
Luckily, we already started on some of this phase. We have decided that we want:
- floating 24 inch vanity with 2 drawers
- sink with small bowl and more edge space
- flush mounted medicine cabinet for Ash’s storage
- new toilet
- Tub removal
- Walk in shower with pebble tile flooring
- Nice natural color tile on walls and bath room floor
- purple and teal towels
I did some research online and found a few remodel companies to do some quotes on remodeling the bathroom. The quotes were all around $12k and that is just not reasonable, so we set up a plan with my Dad.
- The toilet was replaced in February due to plumbing issue.
- We are going to remove the tub and replace with the walk in shower.
- The remainder will be processed in smaller peices.
For this first part, less the toilet, we have a $2,000 budget and a scheduled date in June. It will be so nice to have the new shower and no longer have to worry about bathroom mold.